as i was reading and catching up on lost online time yesterday, i ran across this participation post on a blog i look to for inspiration and a little daily dose of encouragement.. this girl makes following your dreams look simple and living a handmade life so whimsical - I get happy warm fuzzies knowing such awesome artists are out there living the dream :) any whoooo her post reads
1. choose simple goals that will make your life richer and happier on a daily basis. choose things you may not otherwise get done, but that are not difficult to accomplish.
2. do not choose result oriented goals, choose activity oriented goals. for example.... instead of "lose 10 pounds", choose something like "eat fresh fruits and vegetables every day". get what i'm saying? positive actions instead of just the end result!
3. choose goals that are personal that you believe will truly make your life richer just by doing them! they can be daily, weekly or one time experiences.
4. choose a reward for each goal as it is accomplished! it can be a small or large reward.
5. blog your goals, each one as you achieve it and a big post when they are all finished before the new year! i'll be doing this too! links back to this post are appreciated.
i want to share some of my little goals that i am really excited about :) i took the night & day to think about ones that would be fun and rewarding for me, rewarding just to be doing them!!
1. learn to make bread!
I had a customer at kenny's about 2 months ago that had written a very well-known sourdough recipie book. we chatted into the afternoon and as she was leaving she gave me a signed copy of her book and a small culture of her yeast (that has been alive for over 100 years!!). i am no cook, but i do enjoy baked goods & i have always wanted to bake bread from scratch... and it sort of landed in my lap. i want to make time to use her recipies and keep the yeast alive!
2. Don't stop working out
i bought a month bikram yoga pass on august 5th and have been using it diligently! i have not been devoted to physical activity since highschool sports and it has been truly amazing dedicating myself to a minimum of 3 yoga classes a week. class is hard, long, hot and amazing!! i am growing muscles i didn't know i had and becoming flexible in ways i never thought i could. and i don't want to poop out on how far i have come being more physically active.
3. draw in my sketchbook more
i am no longer in 'class' mode if you will where i will have someone babysitting checking and grading my competency, ideas, creativity, and records of what i do... weird!! and i want to keep on keeping a sketchbook that is full of ideas writings drawings and growth.
4. continue putting the house together <3
i have been doing little beautifying projects around the house now that it is just jared and i here. and it has been so wonderful transforming old parts of our house into new 'homey'-us parts :) there is a lot of work to be done in the studio and most of all getting the gallery public-ready displaying our work. part of me wants everything to magically come together in a matter of days, but another part of me wants to take my time and enjoy every minute of creating our home. patience patience... is sometimes hard when i get too many visions and excitement!
a peek of our new blinds, fabric purchased with an amazing 70% off joanns coupon, thanks mom!
finding these goals has made me think about the little things in every day life that can become enriching mini goals... makes me wonder what is possible with a little effort and thoughtfulness...but i will not be getting carried away:) stay tuned for progress!