Monday, January 3, 2011

it's a brand new year

holy crap.  it's 2011!!  

happy new year peeps!!  hope yours was fantastic, we enjoyed the eve with many fun activities and pals.  After a full day at kenny's i was the first to leave the dinner shift, which was nice.  unfortunately our typical insane NYE crowd didn't show up with the below zero weather and snowy roads.  but i was happy to get the tables i did and have a rather relaxing fun night at work :)  

Scott & Amanda come over, so did Zach & Nicole.... with their Kinect!!!  and we played sports, adventure, and dance dance which was awesome!! kinda made me want one too, its like your body is the remote and the camera captures everything you do!! it was hilarious fun. 

We have been trying to soak up the last days of jared's break.  he went back for in-service today.  can't believe how fast those two weeks went by!  also can't believe how all the wedding stuff is coming together!  God bless my mom who is sewing all the dresses (even hemming mine) for the girls!  she is an incredible seamstress and i'm so excited about the pattern she found.  it reminds me of a vintage cocktail dress!  i am in love.  look at how brilliant my sisters turned out!!  
and Jared has been scoping out tuxes online and found this classy chocolate colored one, fancy eh?!  I am getting more and more excited for the big day!!  eeek!!  

I am pretty excited for a little down time from the ceramics business (although the etsy shop is still up and running!  and getting more traffic than I imagined!  many thanks to our online customers :)), it will give me some time to spend on other projects especially starting my new scrap book.  i just printed out a years worth of photos, crazy!  it scared me at first but i am getting pretty excited to do new pages and layouts :)  and my goal is to try and write/journal more in my books.... we'll see how that goes.  anything more than a title will be an improvement for me hah. 

the couch is calling my name right now... we have had a hectic night with jared's car battery dying and me having to drive out and jump him, the pipe in our studio freezing :/.... it's time for puppy cuddling and nuggets watching!  

xoxo hugs and love

Halpert meeting snow for the first time, so cute. 

1 comment: