Monday, April 14, 2014

Kiln opening days

Are the best!  I got to fire the ole chicken coop last week and realized it has been over 4 years since the last time I fired this kiln... And thought it was my last.  What a treat to be back and reminisce of my old undergrad days.  I am so lucky to have this opportunity!!  I was really happy with some if the results I got and the new techniques that are coming out.  I actually slab built some bowls and added thrown foot rims later -- yep! I took a page out of the jared butler construction book! -- and I am in love with the sweet little crochet flower that is a press mold of a grandma skerjanc doily.  
I am also thrilled to announce our official artist website is up!  We are officially arthausceramics.com -- it only took me four years to get my act together! -- it is still in the early stages but I am trying to add a little bit more everyday!  

Also a shoutout to my awesome lil sis who is going back to college in one week.  She is in the final stretch only 2 semesters away from graduating with her teaching degree!!  She came up to visit this weekend with mom and dad and it was so great to spend an evening together!

No comments:

Post a Comment